The Faculty of Engineering, Applied Science and Technology at the Canadian University Dubai invites applications for an Assistant / Associate Professor position. Applicants must hold an earned Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering-Mechatronics with experience in electrical and mechanical engineering. Teaching includes a wide range of multidisciplinary courses in our undergraduate Electrical Engineering such as Mechatronics Engineering, Robotics, Industrial Automation, CIM, Fluid Mechanics, etc. Active involvement in research, student activities, course development, advising, and scholarly work is necessary.
• Teaching assigned classes;
• Maintaining adequate records of progress and evaluation for all students enrolled in classes assigned and submitting grades on dates indicated by the Registrar each semester (mid-semester and final);
• Preparing syllabi in conjunction with the Program Chair for distribution to students in the first week of the course (with a copy sent to the Program Chair);
• Assisting the Chair in evaluating course objectives and sequencing;
• Recommending curricular changes;
• Maintaining set office hours during the semester posting these and informing students;
• Advising students and assisting in tracking at-risk students with poor academic performance;
• Reporting any needed repairs of equipment and any needed supplies;
• Recommending to the Chair the acquisition of reference materials for the department;
• Developing new course(s) as requested by the Chair or Dean;
• Supervising, teaching, and administering independent studies;
• Keeping up-to-date on developments in one s discipline through participation in professional associations;
• Advising students during the registration periods;
• Attending faculty meetings and departmental meetings;
• Attending orientation and professional development workshops;
• Understanding the purpose and goals of the university and espousing them in the performance of their responsibilities;
• Performing community outreach activities,
• Serving as an ambassador to the Canadian University Dubai by promoting the institution when engaged in professional duties off-campus.
Qualifications and Experience
• Ph.D. in Mechatronics engineering or a related field such as automation, embedded control, robotics, or autonomous systems.
• Minimum 2 years experience.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria